‘Tis the season for dry hands if you’re anything like me. Between all the papers I deal with at work, all the cooking and resulting cleaning of dishes, and the crocheting, my hands are in sore need of moisture this time of year. So what better way to pamper someone this holiday than with the gift of beauty products?
Here are some of my favorite tried and true products to spoil someone with this holiday season. Or pick some of these up for yourself – you deserve it!
(click to enlarge!)
1. stila’s In the Garden Eye Palette. I fell into stila almost by accident when they had an amazing sale on their palettes and am now I couldn’t imagine not owning this one. All the basic colors, they apply easily and even with my sensitive skin and wearing contacts, I’ve never had any irritation.
2. I always apply Kiehl’s Ultimate Strength Hand Salve before bed. It is a bit thicker but absorbs quick enough that I can still navigate Netflix on my nook without leaving major smears. I have found it can leave a residue on paper so I use #6 for during the day.
3. Being a redhead I never leave my house without mascara, no matter how crappy I feel. Neutrogena’s Healthy Volume Mascara is my go to in black/brown. I don’t use waterproof, but with this I don’t feel I need to. I’ve cried at many sappy movies wearing this and it has never run. It also washes off easily without removers and has never clumped on me.
4. I have been wearing Clinique’s Almost Lipstick in Black Honey since, no joke, 1998. It seems to be universally flattering, does not bleed so there is no need for lip liner, and feels luxurious without the heavy or perfumy side effects so many lipsticks have.
5. Julep may be a newer brand (at least to me) but I’m now a believer and LOVE the colors and coverage their nail polishes provide. I especially love Evelyn. A little bit on the pricey side, but sure to delight and the benefits of 3 Free nail polish can’t be ignored. Plus, they constantly have deals so keep an eye out.
6. For during the day moisturizing my go to is The Body Shop’s Almond Hand & Nail Cream. I have one tube in my purse and one at home. It absorbs insanely quick and never leaves a residue. I also use about 5 other Body Shop products on a daily basis but we’ll leave that another day! Be sure to check out the Body Shop membership – I’ve been a member for years and it’s well worth it.
7. Last but not least, L’Occitane’s Amber Eau du Toilette is a rich fragrance that will please anyone who likes warmer, non floral scents. I don’t wear perfume often but this has been my go to for several years.
Happy pampering! What are your go to products this holiday season??